• Hello All,

I've been actively searching for a Basenji breeder in the South Florida area for quite sometime now and haven't had any success. I had a Basenji as a teenager and am quite familiar with the rigors and requirements of the breed. I'd be very appreciative to anyone who has any contacts in the South Florida area that have puppies available or are looking to rehome an adult Basenji. Thanks!

• Did you check out BRAT www.basenjirescue.org
    There are a lot of b's needing homes back east area.

• Please check out www.basenji.org which is the Basenji Club of America website. Under the tab About Basenjis, click on Breeder Referral and you can locate breeders by state. You will probably have to wait until Fall for a pup unless some breeders have leftover pups. Some breeders also have adults available.

I do not know how long it has been since you owned a Basenji but if you are getting a pup make sure the breeder is reputable and is doing health testing, especially the Fanconi DNA test. Most reputable breeders do eye and thyroid tests and hip x-rays.

Jennifer Hill

• I know it's a hike, but there are darling adults and pups right here in GA… surely worth a trip. 🙂
    http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=10112 still has 2 adults I think

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=11239

BRAT has a lot of dogs in Florida if you want an adult, but if you want pups or from a good breeder, Robyn is not that far away!

• @Miami-Basenji:

Hello All,

I've been actively searching for a Basenji breeder in the South Florida area for quite sometime now and haven't had any success. I had a Basenji as a teenager and am quite familiar with the rigors and requirements of the breed. I'd be very appreciative to anyone who has any contacts in the South Florida area that have puppies available or are looking to rehome an adult Basenji. Thanks!

Hi, We have a three year old red and white female who will be listed on BRAT as available for adoption soon in GA. We also have several young dogs in Florida who are recent rescues who aren't on the adoption page yet. If you are interested in learning about them, please submit an adoption application at www.basenjirescue.org.

Debbi J.

• If you will look under this heading at yodeldogs, you will find someone with four red and white pups and two adult basenjis that are available in the Atlanta area. These are beautifull Basenjis. I recently adopted an adult female from her and we are thrilled with her. I know it is a long trip, but believe me, it is worth it.

jerry d.

Suggested Topics