• We are looking for an adult female, preferably 1 to 6 years old. We have a 5 y.o. male basenji and we recently lost his lab-mix companion to cancer. He would love to have a girl B to play with. We live in NE Kansas, but are willing to travel for the right dog. Because we have a parrot, we need a dog who is not predatory of birds. We have contacted BRAT and would love to adopt a Basenji through them, but want to cast as wide a net as possible.

• Contact Florida basenji rescue also. They have adults who are DNA tested for Fanconi.
    Pam can be reached at flbasenji@earthlink.net

Also, please consider adopting from a breeder. Many breeders have adults that did not work out in the show ring or for their breeding programs who really need their own loving home. Always make sure the dog is DNA tested for Fanconi. Simple test to ensure you know what you are getting into.

• There's a member of the forum that needs to rehome her female B because her time is so limited…sounds promising!!

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?14374-5-y-o-red-amp-white-female-need-to-rehome
    Hdolbow is the poster

• Rehome, and from a very loved dog that might make the distance to get her very much worth it!

• Just wanted to follow up. We are no longer looking because we adopted a 5 yo female B from BRAT last week. Her name is Sharma. I am posting info on the introductions forum. Deb

• Congrats! I'm glad it worked out for you and sounds like Sharma got a good home.

• Glad you got your dog! I looked for a thread on her but didn't see it. Please be sure to get her Fanconi tested (NOT the strip tests, but the actual Fanconi DNA test) as soon as possible if she is not already tested. BRAT strip tests but does not DNA and sometimes people get confused and think a clear strop means no Fanconi. Only by doing the DNA will you know.

Suggested Topics