• Im Justin, Just found this community in a google search for Basenji Breeders. I had a Basenji named Toes for a few months unitl my roomater gave him away while I wasn't home. His name was Toes because he was born with 2 extra toes on his back feet….which we had removed. He was the most obedient dog I'd ever owned and would love to get another....onlly this time forever.

Anyone know if there are any Basenji Breeders out in New Mexico? I assumer there has to be...The person we got Toes from doesn't live here anymore.

• Hi Justin,

Welcome to Basenji Forums! If you post a wanted ad in the Basenjis For Sale or Wanted topic, you might have a better chance at finding your new Basenji or getting a referral to local breeder.

• Hi Toes - what a cute original name. He looks like a very handsome. I am so sad to know someone else gave your dog away. You must have been devastated! I bet it took some work to get him so obedient. Take the Admin's advice about finding your forever Basenji. There is also a club called the Basenji Club Of America - BCOA. There are area listings of Basenji Breeders and Rescues. Good Luck - Toes.

• I know of 2 breeders in New Mexico; both are BCOA members.

Jennie Behles - Ahmahr Nahr - in Albequerque, and Jo York Bradshaw - Casa de Viento - in Placitas

Terry

• @Crazy_Duke:

Hi Toes - what a cute original name. He looks like a very handsome. I am so sad to know someone else gave your dog away. You must have been devastated! I bet it took some work to get him so obedient. Take the Admin's advice about finding your forever Basenji. There is also a club called the Basenji Club Of America - BCOA. There are area listings of Basenji Breeders and Rescues. Good Luck - Toes.

Yea, My roommate got rid of him one day completely out of the blue, no warning what so ever. He told us that the apartments instituted a no dog rule and told him that we had to get rid of Toes. Funny thing is, about a month later, I saw the aparement complex's manager walking her dog out front and asked her about the so-called "no dog rule"…She informed me that there never was a no dog rule and we were allowed to have any dog, any size. I found out later, from my roommates ex wife, that he got rid of toes because toes didnt pay attention to him. It was just ridiculous. He has still never told me who he gave Toes to....and needless to say, he and I are no longer friends. I've considered taking legal action but it's just too much of a hassle.

• What a sad story, Toes was sooooooo cute. No one better ever give my Sahara away, that is fighting material. I would carry his butt to court, I don't care about the hassel. He is such an attractive B, he would tell me who he gave Toes too or he would have me harassing him every day, I would make him regret what he did. It makes me mad for you, of all the gall, he's a nut. :eek:

• Well said, Youngandtired!! I'm curious to know how long ago Toes was stolen? I would press your ex-roomater for information. I can imagine how painful it must have been to lose Toes.

• OMG…im so sorry...Toes was so cute! You should take that evil man to court...who cares about the hassle like youngangtired said! That is ur dog and he had NO right! NO RIGHT! to give away your dog. I would hunt down the person who took my missy away! I love her to pieces! 🙂 Good luck in finding Toes! Merry Christmas!!!

• Hi Toes,
    Good luck in your Basenji search. This community is a great resource for finding breeders!
    You might want to check with Basenji Rescue.

Suggested Topics