Came Across some Funny Basenji Stuff! *Pics*

• Was doing some surfing and came across some interested Basenji Themed pictures and jokes. Thought Id Share!!!

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/basenji+joke+ties

HOW TO BE A GOOD BASENJI
    VISITORS: Quickly determine which guest is afraid of basenjis. Charge across the room, yoodeling loudly and leap playfully on this person. If the human falls down on the floor and starts crying, lick its face and growl gently to show your concern.

LICKING: Always take a BIG drink from your water dish immediately before licking your human. Humans prefer clean tongues. Be ready to fetch your human a towel.

HOLES: Rather than digging a BIG hole in the middle of the yard and upsetting your human, dig a lot of smaller holes all over the yard so they won?t notice. If you arrange a little pile of dirt on one side of each hole, maybe they?ll think it?s gophers. There are never enough holes in the ground. Strive daily to do your part to help correct this problem.

DOORS: The area directly in front of a door is always reserved for the family basenji to sleep.

THE ART OF SNIFFING: Humans like to be sniffed. Everywhere. It is your duty, as the family dog, to accommodate them.

DINING ETIQUETTE: Always sit under the table at dinner, especially when there are guests, so you can clean up any food that falls on the floor. It?s also a good time to practice your sniffing.

HOUSEBREAKING: Housebreaking is very important to humans, so break as much of the house as possible.

GOING FOR WALKS: Rules of the road: When out for a walk with your master or mistress, never go to the bathroom on your own lawn.

COUCHES: It is perfectly permissible to lie on the new couch after all your humans have gone to bed.

PLAYING: If you lose your footing while chasing a ball or stick, use the flower bed to absorb your fall so you don?t injure yourself.

CHASING CATS: When chasing cats, make sure you never–- quite--- catch them. It spoils all the fun.

CHEWING: Make a contribution to the fashion industry. ...Eat a shoe.

DOES YOUR BASENJI OWN YOU?
    See how many of these statements apply to you and your basenji!

You believe every basenji is a lap dog.
    If you are cold, you put a sweater on your basenji.
    You have a picture of your basenji in your wallet, but not one of your kids.
    You often claim that it was love at first sight with you and your basenji.
    You have your basenji talk to your friends on the phone.
    You can?t fully enjoy yourself without your basenji.
    No matter how large your bed is, it?s never large enough for you and your basenji(s).
    You spend more on clothes and food for your basenji than you do for yourself.
    You have no reservations about kissing your basenji on the lips, even when you know where his lips have been.
    You believe it is your duty to talk to, pat, and even feed every basenji in the neighborhood. You know their names.
    You let the neighbor basenji sleep over.
    You believe there is no such thing as a naughty basenji.
    Your vet and grooming bills exceed your rent.
    When you need someone to talk to, your basenji is your first choice.
    You sit on the floor if the basenji got in the chair first.
    You talk to your basenji when you are driving. He answers.
    Your basenji taught you to fetch and roll over.

• :D:D:D Thanks for posting these are great and so true. My last Basenji used to remind me of a Kangaroo sometimes , like the pup in the pic 😃
    I found a website with some great Basenji themed t shirts and have ordered one each for my husband and son, still waiting for them to arrive though so will have to be late christmas pressies

• I'm guilty of six of those statements… 😃

• @AJs:

I'm guilty of six of those statements… 😃

only 6 :rolleyes: I think i'm in trouble im guilty of 10 it would be 12 but I have never seen another basenji in our neighborhood lol

• Yeah, we are guilty of lots of those things - but I think we are in good company….

• @Capt_Jack_our_Basenji:

You talk to your basenji when you are driving. He answers.

I love them all, but this is my favorite.. Cause it's really true.. 😃 🙂

• Houston

I love'em..yes I am guilty of several things on there..
    I'm owned, yes I am owned.

• LOL!! Good to know Im not the only one!! hahaa

• "CHEWING: Make a contribution to the fashion industry. …Eat a shoe"

haha my basenji eat a sofa! entire couch! now i need a new one..

• So 'owned'…..especially when it comes to talking to him about my day!!!!

• MIND GAMES BASENJIS PLAY WITH HUMANS
    After your humans give you a bath, don’t let them towel dry you! Instead, run to their bed, jump up and dry yourself off on the sheets. This is especially good if it’s right before your humans bedtime.

Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)

Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they’re talking about.

Make your humans be patient. When you go outside to go ‘pee,’ sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the spot you choose to go pee will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.

Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go ‘poo.’ Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.

When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.

Make your own rules. Don’t always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don’t greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don’t reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears.)

When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee. As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)

• BASENJI RULES
    The basenji is not allowed in the house.
    Okay, the basenji is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.
    The basenji is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay off the furniture.
    The basenji can get on the old furniture only.
    Fine, the basenji is allowed on all the furniture, but is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.
    Okay, the basenji is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.
    The basenji can sleep on the bed whenever he wants, but not under the covers.
    The basenji can sleep under the covers by invitation only.
    The basenji can sleep under the covers every night.
    Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the basenji

• ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW
    I LEARNED FROM MY BASENJI
    Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
    Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
    When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
    Take naps and stretch before rising.
    Run, romp, and play daily.
    Be loyal.
    Never pretend to be something you?re not.
    Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
    If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
    When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
    Thrive on affection and let people touch you - enjoy back rubs and pats on your neck.
    When you leave your yard, make it an adventure.
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
    No matter how often you?re scolded, don?t buy into the guilt thing and pout? run right back and make friends.
    Bond with your pack.
    On cold nights, curl up in front of a crackling fire.
    When you?re excited, speak up.
    When you?re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
    Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

• Some ADORABLE PIctures I found 🙂

• I love the mind games and Basenji rules, they're fantastic. Think i will print them out.
    Another Basenji rule is :Always clean your face after eating, preferably by inserting your muzzle between the cushions of the sofa and swizzle it around to remove any food etc, an alternative is a nice clean rug or carpet

• Houston

Awesome..I love the Basenji rules..so true..weasels..

• LOL Petra, i used to call my Benji a weasel, he reminded me of one when he put his ears back

• Houston

i used to call my Benji a weasel, he reminded me of one when he put his ears back

That is exactly what I call Otis at times..a little weasel..

• First Basenji's

Loved it! 🙂

Suggested Topics