recommendations for harness with a support handle

• Hi All. My 10 yr old girl is the sweetest laid back pup ever. Loves being with me in the car, snoozes under the desk when I'm working and loves sleeping nicely in the bed with me. About 2 mos ago she had a bit of a gastric upset and incredibly put it all in a doggy bed rather than on the floor!! Can you tell I both in love and in awe of her?
    About two weeks ago she would give a quick yelp when she is getting up from the bed or even from her doggy beds. We saw her vet yesterday and there was no pain of yelping when she manipulated her limbs, feet or spine. Vet thinks she may have jarred a disc or did an neurological injury so she is on Gabapentin for 7 days and will take x rays in a few days depending on how responds. Vet and I think that she is of the age to benefit from an assist in getting down from the high seat of my Subaru Outback (she doesn't ride in the cargo area so she rides in the back passenger seat). I am wondering if any of you have had experience with and can recommend a dog harness with a handle so I can help her get down from the killer high seat Subaru. I want to use the harness as a seat belt for her also.
    Last year I tried one from Amazon but it was a horrible fit so it went back.
    Hoping to get some recommendations from this experienced group. Thanks for any help you can give.
    D

• "Doodle" wears a "Pug's Life" Harness, renamed "Joyride" when we run through the woods. The bell is fair warning to wildlife that she is there. She has a Kurgo Car Harness for extended car rides. I have this rigged with a swivel so she can spin around 100 times before settling down in the back seat.

Here she is... muddy paws and all, in her "Pugs Life" harness:
    doodledog-small.jpg

note: I am not associated with either of these products in any way other than as a consumer.

• Well isn't she a sassy little thing? Thanks so much for the information. I had not heard of this one at all. I will Google it to get more info and find where to purchase!

Deb

Suggested Topics